Kerala is so huge that you won’t be able to enjoy the best tourist spots in Kerala in just 2 days. But now if you have decided to explore Kerala in a short period, we’ll help you in your endeavor.
As the waterfalls are around 80 km from Kochi and remain open till 6 in the evening, it is recommended to reach early so that you can enjoy the place for more time with weekend tour packages.
Two places that you can visit on 2 days trip are:
- Athirappilly Falls: It is known as the Niagara of India and the largest one situated in Kerala. Make sure to take the extra pair of a dress if you wish to take a bath. To take a look at the waterfall from below, you’ll have to travel through the narrow path that comprises slippery stones.
- Vazhachala Falls: This is only 5 km from Athirappilly falls. It has been categorized as the finest waterfall present in India and one of the best tourist spots in Kerala. June to October is considered the best months to visit as the weather remained pleasant.
If you decide to go to Alleppey, reach their directly from the airport and you’ll spend your night on the houseboat. The ride of the houseboat will start in the afternoon and goes till evening. In the way, you might get to witness the sights such as school students coming back home in houseboats, women catching fish, people herding ducks, etc.
There are many things to do in Alleppey with weekend tour packages.
- Alappuzha Beach: With its historical site extending to the sea, the beach is a popular spot for the picnic for locals and tourists.
- Champakulam Church: It is one of the oldest Portuguese Church situated in India.
- Mannarasala Nagaraja Temple: Located 32 Km in the south of Alleppey, the temple is dedicated to Nagaraj who is believed to have wish-fulfilling powers.
- Karumadi Kuttan: It is the Buddhist place from 11th century comprising the old statue of Lord Buddha.
- Village tour: The boatman will take you to the local village to explore the activities such as toddy making, coir spinning, etc.
If you wish to stay back in Cochin, these are some of the best tourist spots in Kerala that you can explore.
Kerala Folklore Museum
The museum is the home of ancient artifacts from South India. Here, you can purchase the rare artifacts that can’t be found anywhere else and watch martial arts, dance and ritual performances.
Kerala Kathakali Centre
With weekend tour packages, witness the unique dance form of Kathakali. The performance of the dancers is about 90 minutes long. It takes about an hour to apply makeup on the faces of these actors, and you can experience the entire process earlier if you arrive early.